Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wish to protest at the recent email from HP Instant Ink announcing an apparently arbitrary increase in plan fees from end of November. My Frequent Printing (300 pages) Plan is going up from £7.99 per month to £9.99 - an increase of 25% when the UK CPI inflation is only 0.5%! Furthermore other plans  (Occasional. Moderate, Heavy & High Volume) are not being increased at all!

As a previously happy and very satisfied HP customer I now feel victimised and disappointed for what seems to be a opportunistic fee increase (an extra 300 roll over pages just doesn't cut the mustard). How can HP possibly justify this  inflation busting increase?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

If it is any consolation, my plan went up as well. It went from 19.99$ to 24.99$, also a 25% increase.

HP Recommended

Hi @Johndoc2

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have this issue as well.  I have only just picked this up.  how does hp justify this?  we consistantly use less than 300 pages monthly.  has any one else  challenged this?  Definately not happy to pay £120.00 annually

HP Recommended

@wbp1415, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern. However, these are the revised plans and prices. You may downgrade the plan if you like to. For more info, refer to HP Instant Ink home page.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I completely agree with the OP - 25% is a mammoth hike.

And i don't even recall getting an email about it, so was surprised to find the increase in my Dec invoice.

The response by an HP rep has left me flabberghasted:

"I understand your concern. However, these are the revised plans and prices. You may downgrade the plan if you like to. For more info, refer to HP Instant Ink home page."

Basically, these are our new prices. If you don't like it, tough.

Shocking behaviour, HP - although not at all out of character for you.

HP Recommended

I'm in the same position. I didn't get any notification of the increase or any justification. First thing I noticed is when I got the bill. The 25% increase, the way it's handled and the response from the agent are outrageous. 

My printer is on the blink and I was looking for a new one. Time to consider other brands if HP treat their customers like this.

HP Recommended

I totally agree. Its all well and good that an additional 300 pages can carry over to the next month but if we weren't going to use most of the 300 pages we would've gone for a lower plan. It might be time to look for an alternative.

HP Recommended

Frankly this is appalling ! I also discovered this increase by accident when reviewing this months bill.

I’m certainly reviewing my usage and will probably end up changing something ie printer or ink supplier.

HP Recommended

smacks of price gouging to me -  a whole heap of people in the UK  are now having to print more pages because of home schooling  this seems like too much of a coincidence  that this plan level has increased so dramatically 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.