Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8024 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Has only ever allowed intermittent login to my account but now will not allow sign in at all (error code UA_400_EB000U0100, Please contact HP Support). How??. Want to check instant ink usage but it says 'not enrolled' even though I pay monthly and receive cartridges. Was told to wipe cartridges with tissue. Made no difference. Still can't log. Why tie you into a service then make it so difficult to operate it??      

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@JohnnyBoy5

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's remove web services:

To remove Web Services using the embedded web server 1. Open the EWS. 2. Click the Web Services tab, and then click Remove Web Services in the Web Services Settings section. 3. Click Remove Web Services. 4. Click Yes to remove Web Services from your printer.

To open the embedded web server through a network (EWS) -  1. Find out the IP address or hostname of the printer by touching (Wireless) or (Ethernet) or by printing a network configuration page.

NOTE: The printer must be on a network and must have an IP address. 2. In a supported web browser on your computer, type the IP address or hostname assigned to the printer. For example, if the IP address is 123.123.123.123, type the following address into the web browser: http://123.123.123.123.

Once it's removed, please enable or add it again via the same method of embedded web server.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello. Thanks for your message, but can you pls resend without any jargon in an easy to follow format. I am a customer not an IT engineer, and didn't understand your instructions.

Thanks  

HP Recommended

Sure. First you've to open the EWS (Embedded Web Server page of the Printer) for which the steps are given in my post.

Once done, please remove the web services for which the steps are again given in my post.

Hope this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the guidance. I managed to get in and perform the tasks as described. I still cannot login to web support or via HP Smart. Get the same error message. What's next  please?   

HP Recommended

Could you share a screenshot please?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is what I get when trying  to sign in via HP Smart2022-04-28.png 

HP Recommended

And this when trying to sign in via the HP Support website (after I've already signed in!?!2022-04-28 (4).png2022-04-28 (3).png

HP Recommended

Does this happen on any other Computer as well? Please do check?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I signed up for HP Instant Ink long ago--way before the pandemic--and NEVER EVER received any. I needed to print, so have been buying cartridges locally. Suddenly, about two weeks ago I started getting messages about instant ink, which I ignored because I also have been getting messages from "Apple" with a suspicious email address about my new computer that I supposedly ordered but had not, etc. etc.

Then, a box of instant ink arrived in the mail. Huh? I did NOT install it.

THEN I got a bill for "going over" my print limit that must be paid before I can print any more. I waded through my ancient accounts, and CANCELLED the instant ink. They want many dollars for my supposedly "going over" my 50 page limit. And, worse yet, they somehow stopped my printer from printing. It took hours of fiddling with turning off the printer access to wireless and installing new cartridges before I could start printing again. 

I am beyond frustrated. This is not the first time I have trouble with HP (I still have a printer that refuses to print but I keep just to use the fax function for work). 

Safe to say, this is the LAST time I purchase anything from HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.