cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Pood68
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Instant Ink

HP Recommended
Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whatever you do DON'T use INSTANT INK! This was a huge mistake on my part! It's advertised everywhere and I fell for it. I canceled it because I went over on my pages and had to buy additional ink at Office Depot??? I got a huge charge for going over - I wasn't aware of overages! Also after I canceled they DISABLED my printer and I wasn't able to use the ink I purchased with Instant Ink or at Office Depot ! ! ! 

What kind of company does this? I had to buy a new printer.

Good luck if you fell for it too.

1 REPLY 1
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,380 26,737 2,431 9,113
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Canceling the Instant Ink program will not disable your printer, but you cannot use the Instant Ink cartridges after the plan has ended.  To enable printing you will need non-Instant Ink cartridges for both black and color.

The Instant Ink program covers a contracted set of pages per month, there is an additional charge for overages. 

See the terms of service here, reading this would resolve many misunderstandings.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation