cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER..
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Instant Ink

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows Vista

Our electric went out for a few hours and when I restarted my HP office jet 5212 all in one printer it came up that couldn't print error: Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP instant ink. I am a member of instant ink and have been for a year now. I am unsure why this will not process and I have two new cartridges in the printer also. I use this for school work and it won't print. This is less than a year old. 

HELPPPPP

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,607 3,929
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cgrooms If your printer is enrolled and the cartridge error appears, perform the following steps to remove the message. When the message goes away, you can stop troubleshooting.

Step 1: Refresh your account page

Refresh your account page to have the Instant Ink service check your printer status.

1. Sign in to your HP Instant Ink account.

2. Check your printer connection in the Status area of your account page.

• Offline: Click the blue refresh button , and then click the web browser reload button to reload the web page. Do this up to five times, until the green check appears.

• Online: Turn the printer off and back on with the Power button and check to see if the error message remains.

Step 2: Check your network

Your printer must be connected directly to the Internet. Check your network to make sure it is operating and compatible with Instant Ink.

1. Make sure your network is compatible with Instant Ink.

• Public or guest networks, like those used in colleges, hotels, or coffee shops, are not compatible.

• A USB cable connection is not compatible if it is your printer's only connection.

• If another device, like a mobile phone, cannot connect to the Internet through your network, the network is not compatible.

2. If the network is not connected to the Internet, turn your network router and your printer off and back on. Go to the HP Wireless Printing Center for more help with your wireless network or Internet connection.

• If you do not have access to a network that meets the requirements, HP Instant Ink cannot work. Purchase standard cartridges from a retailer.

• If your network is compatible but the message still appears, continue troubleshooting.

Step 3: Check the wireless connection

If your printer is connected to your network, the blue Wireless light should be on and not blinking. If your printer has a display on the control panel, the wireless icon  should be on and not blinking.

If the Wireless light or icon is not on or is blinking, see Connect to a Wireless HP Printer for more help.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation