Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Spoiler
Instant Ink

What a rip-off. I received an email today that I am being charged $29.00 for printing on my own printer!  For the past 4+ years HP has charged me $2.99 per month for the instant ink program (that’s at least $150). 

Called HP today to investigate the new charge.  Turns out I signed up for the program at Best Buy when I purchased the printer back in 2015. They also let me know that I did not activate the program until August of 2016 when in fact I called them in August of 2016 to advise that we were moving and have a new address. Someone was asleep at the switch and must have done something wrong because my address was not updated and the apparently did something to re-activate the account.   What a huge mess!  Called today to cancel and try to recoup some of my money. On the phone for almost an hour only to be told that my case has been escalated and a manager will call me back on January 28. @ 4pm!!!  I am so incredibly angry. Why would I pay all these years for basically nothing. They claim to have been sending emails about my account but I have only seen a few. Who has time to go through their spam account?  The rep advised that I should always check spam. Bravo HP for scamming folks little by little every month. When it’s time for a new printer, computer or 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jet1060 I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.