Did you mean: 
barf_jay
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Instant ink black cartridge printing lightly but has 25% ink left

HP Envy 7640

since my black cartridge still has 25% left black ink I am not getting a new one sent to me. Cartridge is around 3 years old and is now printing very lightly. Ran 2 cleaning cycles and still it is almost a gray color and not black that is printing.

How do I get another cartridge?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,060 6,052 386 469
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Instant ink black cartridge printing lightly but has 25% ink left

@barf_jay, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP Instant Ink is a subscription service that sends ink before you need it based on your printing volume and ink levels. You might not receive ink cartridges every month. If you print many pages, you might receive multiple ink cartridges in a month.

Try making a standalone Black copy and check if the issue persists.

The Black ink cartridge that you are using, is it an Instant ink cartridge? 

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report

1. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

The Setup menu displays.

2. Touch Reports, and then touch Print Quality Report.

For more info on replacement HP Instant Ink cartridges, refer to this document.

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Keep me posted.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation