Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP DESKJET 3637 SERIES
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was able to print the test print page and one other page this morning. And now even though it says I have plenty of ink the pages all come out blank or with very light lines of text. What is wrong with my ink? I need to print some stuff for my business asap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@grandprixgirl It looks like that's exactly what you need, here's what I'll need and I'll ship one out to you, right away,

Please respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@grandprixgirl Greetings from the HP Community!

I suggest you check if the copier works as a stand-alone printer, if that works fine and yet the printer doesn't work try the below steps,

otherwise, we may be looking at a hardware issue:

Examine the color blocks on the Print Quality Diagnostic page to make sure that the color blocks do not show white lines, and are not faded or missing.

Figure : Example of the color blocks without defects

Image: Example of the color blocks without defects.

• If the color blocks do not show white lines, and are not faded or missingskip to the step to check the alignment lines.

• If any of the color blocks show white lines, are faded, or are missing completely, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 10 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Standalone printer?  It printed the test page about instant ink just fine.  Then I printed something from my computer and it was a little faded in spots but good.  After that it prints mostly blank pages with maybe a few light lines of text you can see. I tried to copy the pages with it and same thing.  It printed a few minutes before so I'm not sure what happened. 

HP Recommended

@grandprixgirl Gosh! I should have been more clear on that, what I meant by "Stand alone printer" was - Is your copier working? 

Because the rest of the steps and the conclusion to your concern, depends on it.

Do let us know.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The copier does the same thing as printing. I just don't get why it would print the first two times and then the ink like stopped working. Do I need new cartridges or something? 

HP Recommended

@grandprixgirl It looks like that's exactly what you need, here's what I'll need and I'll ship one out to you, right away,

Please respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.