FLmom
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Instant ink does not recognize my USB connected printer

HP Officejet 5744
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP instant ink no longer recognizes my Officejet 5744 printer through a USB connection. I removed the printer, deleted and reinstalled the software, tried using a new printer cable, and using a different USB port. It worked a few days ago. I get the following message:  Your printer is not connected to the Internet. Make sure your printer is powered on and connected to the Internet, then click Refresh.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8,984 8,987 789 948
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @FLmom

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

To better assist you - How's the printer connected - Wi-Fi or Ethernet? 

For the Instant Ink program to work, the printer should be on a network. A simple USB connection from printer to your computer will not work if the printer is not on the network. 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
FLmom
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It IS hooked up to my home network. It has worked for MONTHS. Then one day it quit. I suspect a MS Windows 10 update. Could that be the problem? 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8,984 8,987 789 948
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FLmom

Thanks for trying. I'd suggest you  Contact HP in your region regarding this issue. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation