Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Envy Photo 6232
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I would really like a way to help prevent overspend on my HP Instant Ink account. Given the subscription nature and the potential to be billed at a higher rate for "overuse", I think it's HP's duty to protect customers from overspending. This is a fundamental component of any such prescription service, such as phone / data plans, loans or bank services. This should be a fundamental part of HP's offering too.

So, I was wondering, how do I:

1. Set up notifications to state when I reach, or am about to reach, my monthly print limit
  2. Optionally prevent printing when I reach my monthly limit so that I'm not subsequently charged and can wait for the next month's allowance

It's not immediately obvious from the Instant Ink account page, or on the printer config, where I can set this up.

Many thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mroshaw99, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand your concern and would like to help.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

The only options I get there are "Virtual Assistant" and "Phone Support (Fee Based").

The Virtual Assistant is just a bot and I'm not paying to talk to someone over the phone about something that either is or isn't part of Instant Ink.

• Are these features of Instant Ink or not?
  • If they are, how do I access them?

If you're unable to answer immediately, can you not ask someone else in HP rather than just pushed it back to me, please?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@mroshaw99

I've shared the direct phone number and the chat link via private message.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.