Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP envy photo 6230
Unknown

Hi,

I have the HP Envy photo 6230 printer. It is wifi/ internet connected on the instant ink program.

I will be on holiday for a few weeks and no one at home will use the printer.

Can I just turn it off completely for the duration, or will that upset the instant ink system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Tonka1,

Yes, you can turn off the printer if you are not using it.

However, Charges may apply when you have a free trial or a free plan, or if you are still using the cartridges that came with your printer. Here’s why you might be charged:

• Your free plan or free trial is for a defined number of printed pages per month. If you print more, there is a charge.

• When a trial period ends, billing begins even if the initial set of cartridges that came with the printer have not been exhausted.

If you do not use all your plan pages in a month, the unused pages will be kept in your account and automatically rolled over to the next month. You can roll over up to two times the number of pages in your monthly plan.

Refer the instant ink faq for more information. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Tonka1,

Yes, you can turn off the printer if you are not using it.

However, Charges may apply when you have a free trial or a free plan, or if you are still using the cartridges that came with your printer. Here’s why you might be charged:

• Your free plan or free trial is for a defined number of printed pages per month. If you print more, there is a charge.

• When a trial period ends, billing begins even if the initial set of cartridges that came with the printer have not been exhausted.

If you do not use all your plan pages in a month, the unused pages will be kept in your account and automatically rolled over to the next month. You can roll over up to two times the number of pages in your monthly plan.

Refer the instant ink faq for more information. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.