Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP envy 5540 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since receiving last ink cartridges my colour cartridge has stopped working. This means that I either cannot print at all or can print black sometimes.

I have followed all advice I could find on the net. HP support has probed totally inaccessible and the virtual agent is useless. The error message asks me to reinstall cartridges - which I have done numerous times now. I have also cleaned cartridge contacts and printer contacts. I have reset printer too.  The system tells me I have colour ink then it says its empty and NOT a genuine cartridge - which it must be as it was sent by HP- surely?

I have emailed HP, sent contact forms from their site and as I haven't been able to print for weeks or resolve the issue I was going to cancel instantink BUT as I went through the cancellation I was informed that if I cancel HP will stop me using the remaining ink (cant print anyway but feels rather unfair in the circumstances) and then that I will have to pay another months payment after cancelling and not be able to use the hundreds of pages I haven't used in my rollover total !

I cannot find any access to customer complaints so far. This feels like mugging ! I have found many posts on line where people have the exact same issue and some suggestions that HP disable your printer through wifi.

I am desperate for a resolution - either fix it so I can print again or cancel and complain to someone.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MollymagooMollymagoo, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Make sure the printer is connected to the Internet.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

​​​​​​​​​​​Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.