Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
envy photo printer 6230
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My photo printer 6230 hasn't been able to connect with hp web services for a few day now ,  so can't remotely send photos to it and can not  connect my Alexa  device to it , and instant ink page count isn't correct , 

the printer connects to my wifi ok ,  

tried to print  web access report which says  Attention :the connection to the server used for the diagnostic test was unsuccessful 

server might be busy or unavailable 

so is the hp server down ?  or is there another fix , 

ran the pc  printer doc tool , fixed a port issue but still not connecting to internet 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for  your  help , the issue has resolved itself , Maybe someone  reset  the hp server or another internet related problem caused the  problem 

main thing is I am back up and running again , 

so problem solved but cause and solution unknown

thanks again

Ernle 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ernle Here's a few steps to help resolve this issue once and for all:

Step 1: Make sure your printer supports Web Services

Make sure your printer supports Web Services by looking for an HP ePrint logo, button, or icon on the printer control panel.

Examples of the HP ePrint logo

HP ePrint logo.

HP ePrint logo.

If the control panel does not have an HP ePrint icon or button, or you are unsure if your printer is supported, go to Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers to see if your printer supports HP ePrint.

NOTE: 

Due to a security update, as of September 1, 2016, some older HP printers can no longer connect to Web Services. For more information, go to Web Services Stop Working.

To purchase an HP ePrint capable printer, go to HP Home & Home Office.

If your printer supports Web Services, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for  your  help , the issue has resolved itself , Maybe someone  reset  the hp server or another internet related problem caused the  problem 

main thing is I am back up and running again , 

so problem solved but cause and solution unknown

thanks again

Ernle 

HP Recommended

@Ernle That's great, perhaps I worked as the lucky charm! 😉

Either way, I'm happy for you, let us know if you need anything else.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.