Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2721
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been unable to connect and enroll to the instant Ink. I have managed to get the printer code, but the printer email was not given "not available at this time". 

I have followed all of the guidance on these forums, have investigated and changed proxies and been on the IP address of the printer. I've resetCapture.JPG the router and printer numerous times. Please see the attached image of what I repeatedly get.

Whenever I put the printer code in when it requests at set up, it says that the printer is offline, but the wifi light is on and static and I have been able to print from my phone to the computer wirelessly, so , the printer is connected to the internet, and I've got no idea why it isn't connecting to webservices!!! 

Thank you 

Vikki

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @VikkiS94,

I'd like to help!

Try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Check the Internet proxy server settings

For networks that use proxy servers, update the Web Services settings in the printer EWS with the proxy information.

1. Locate the Internet proxy settings.

• Windows: Search Windows for Internet, and then click Internet Options in the list of results. On the Internet Properties window, click the Connections tab, select your network, if necessary, and then click Settings.

The network settings menu displays with the proxy settings.

Figure : Example of proxy settings in Windows

Example of proxy settings in Windows
    • Mac: Open System Preferences, and then click Network. On the Network window, click Advanced, click the Proxies tab, and then select your proxy, if necessary.

Figure : Example of proxy settings in Mac

Example of proxy settings in Mac
  2. Write down the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection.

3. From the EWS, click the Web Services tab, and then click Proxy Settings.

Figure : Clicking Proxy Settings

Clicking Proxy Settings
  4. Type the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection, and then click Apply.

5. Try to turn on Web Services.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi,

I’ve tried all this and still not working.

thanks

HP Recommended

Update the router firmware

Outdated router firmware might affect performance, security, or prevent the router from accessing the Internet.

1. Open an Internet browser, type the router IP address in the browser address bar, and then press Enter.

NOTE: 

These IP addresses, names, and passwords are provided for informational purposes only and might not work with your router model.

2. Sign in to your router web-based setup page, if necessary.

3. Locate the option to update the firmware. You might find the update option in the Administration, Utilities, Tools, or Maintenance menu. Refer to the documentation that came with your router or contact the manufacture for more information.

• If the router firmware is outdated, follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware, and then try to connect to Web Services

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Hi, Still not working.

I can send docs from my phone via the HP smart app so not sure whats happening. Might be worth having a Live chat? 

HP Recommended

Have you been able to connect the printer to web services?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.