Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

HP Envy 4527

My printer keeps reverting back to only printing in black and white despite all settings suggesting it will print in colour. I have wasted so many ink credits and photo paper on this that it is getting frustrating. The only solution I can find is to uninstall everything and then set up again, but this only lasts a short amount of time. I can't do this every time I need to print something in colour. 

I find trying to get any support from HP highly frustrating (even when in warranty) and unfortunately although I love instant ink, I will be leaving unless they see that they need to support customers they are providing a service to.

Hopefully someone can help with this issue, unfortunately it will be too late for me to print my wife's birthday card.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Sherlockian

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Try making a standalone copy in color and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

I assume you are using a Win 10 PC. Install the printer using the TCP/IP port:

1. On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top) 
  2. Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
  3. Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
  4. Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless/ethernet icon on the printer screen
  5. Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
  6. Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
  7. Try printing in color.

If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how. Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had the same exact problem and this worked for me.  Thank you so much.  Make sure when you print use are using the series printer and not the network printer.  I deleted the network printer so I would confuse it.  

HP Recommended

@Looptieloo

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.