06-11-2020 03:14 AM
HP Envy 4527
My printer keeps reverting back to only printing in black and white despite all settings suggesting it will print in colour. I have wasted so many ink credits and photo paper on this that it is getting frustrating. The only solution I can find is to uninstall everything and then set up again, but this only lasts a short amount of time. I can't do this every time I need to print something in colour.
I find trying to get any support from HP highly frustrating (even when in warranty) and unfortunately although I love instant ink, I will be leaving unless they see that they need to support customers they are providing a service to.
Hopefully someone can help with this issue, unfortunately it will be too late for me to print my wife's birthday card.
06-11-2020 07:42 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Try making a standalone copy in color and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
I assume you are using a Win 10 PC. Install the printer using the TCP/IP port:
- On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top)
- Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
- Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
- Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless/ethernet icon on the printer screen
- Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
- Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
- Try printing in color.
If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver
Refer to this document to know how. Try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
07-01-2020 01:55 PM
I had the same exact problem and this worked for me. Thank you so much. Make sure when you print use are using the series printer and not the network printer. I deleted the network printer so I would confuse it.