12-03-2019 03:14 PM
Exchanged black cartridge. System worked, only out of ink. 3 color cartridges ok. Only black will not respond to the system. Replaced w expensive new black HP 920XL: same problem! Cleaned contacts on cartridge & carriage: no change. I am stumped. Why would just replacing the ink cartridge result in this problem?
12-06-2019 12:00 PM
@HB3505, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Do you get any error for the black ink cartridge?
As you have used 2 black ink cartridges and the issue persists, I'm afraid this could be a hardware issue with the printer. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Perform step 3 from this document.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee