Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet All in One
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I cleaned my printer, replaced the toner cartridges and still have pink vertical lines down the right side of the printed page.  Not sure if it's the drum or something else I need to clean?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Your drums are connected to the print cartridge if you already replaced them all it might just be your transferbelt.  or secondary transfer roller.  Also its not to out of the question to have two failed toners back to back inspect your magenta toner.  The belt sits under your toners and the secondary roller is usually in the back of the machine on the back door of the machine 

HP Recommended

Thank you now the next dumb question, how do you open the unit to inspect and clean transfer belt?  Can you clean the drum?

Not sure if it's worth getting a new unit.  This one is at least 5 years old!  Thank you for your response.

HP Recommended

That's not a dumb question at all.  That task is a little bit more involved to complete and takes some disassembly fairly easy if you have some experience but if not it might take some time.  I could not find the removal for your exact machine but I found a link to one similar.  If you feel you are up to if not you can call a service tech out for a repair but that can be upwards to a 100$ or more if parts are needed. 

[edit]

HP Recommended

Well, it completely died!  So there's that!  Thanks for your help just the same

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.