Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5646
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The latest HP supplied cartridges for my Envy 5646 constantly throw up an error message/ pop ups on the printer screen causing no printing. I have done all HP suggested mechanical fixes such as removing and reinstalling cartridges, realigning and cleaning heads etc. Plus I've tried all the automated fixes from HP I could find online, wasting at least 5 hours of my time. The Issue isn't mechanical as it prints well for a short time then throwing up another error pop up message again. Prior to these new cartridges all worked very well and HP Smart Doctor worked well on other minor issues I've had with my. The printer is only 20 months old and currently can't print anything reliably with the HP ink I've paid for. Having cleaned and realigned the printing heads so often as is suggested by HP virtual help solutions I've now completely wasted what were new cartridges. What is the software issue causing this HP printing hiatus wasting hours of my precious life?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Rideondude

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Have you checked you HP Instant Ink account page? Your Instant Ink account page will have notifications if there are any issues with the account or recent cartridge shipment, it will even provide solutions on how to fix the issue. You may log in to your HP Instant Ink account page from here.

If the suggested information can't be found, please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for responding. I've tried these suggested solutions and many more by HP ink and Doctor. This has now successfully depleted all tricolour ink cartridge in my HP printer and left a small amount in the black. These cartridges were little used until this issue arose. Having taken onboard and tried all  HP solutions suggested, I am still no further forward after 3 weeks and many hours of extreme frustration. Mechanically the machine works verified by printing numerous test pages which confirms either one of 2 issues. There is either a HP software issue or a problem with the cartridges issued by HP Ink to me. These HP issues are beyond my control and feel now I am being forced to purchase more cartridges locally or buy an replacement printer. I am as you might realise not happy with the way HP deal with such customer problems.

HP Recommended

Hi @Rideondude

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

I wait with great anticipation for a response from the HP ink solutions team to get me printing again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.