Did you mean: 
BradJ1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MOBILE HOTSPOT - HP 8710 PRINTER CONNECTION

Unknown

There's got to be a way for HP Instant Ink users to update their ink status to their accounts.  Can you please look into this a little bit more?  I am located where I am unable to access an internet line except through my mobile hotspot.  I would hate to have to lose my subscription to InstantInk because of this!  Please advise.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,292 1,977
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MOBILE HOTSPOT - HP 8710 PRINTER CONNECTION

Hi! @BradJ1,

Have you tried checking with regular ink cartridges does the issue persist?

Mobile hotspot does not have much bandwidth to support printer communication, So it is not recommended to connect your printer using the mobile hotspot.

You can use Instant Ink program by connecting the printer to a hot spot for few days. Such a system should work, however HP can not guarantee the printer will be able to connect to a hot spot or web services.

As a test you can enable web services on your printer through the hot spot. Once done, try sending a printer to the printer's ePrint address. If the printer can print a document that is emailed, you should be able to setup and use Instant Ink.

Refer this article to know more information about instant ink FAQ's. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation