KellyMS
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Major Insta Ink Problems

HP Envy 5540
macOS 10.14 Mojave

So this all started when I completely ran out of black ink without a replacement on hand which is the whole gimmick when signing up with the insta ink service.  I then contacted the support team which seems to have very little clue what they are doing and they explained my printer was offline.  Well I promise i have printed for months with it low on ink and then tried to print several times since it was out so that excuse doesn't work with me.  My account also says I have a color cartridge on hand and to "look around my workspace" well I also explained to them that not only did that one run out and was replaced over 6 months ago and I contacted them for the envelope to recycle it through them. So how will I look around for something that was sent back TO THEM ? So after paying well over 100 dollars (which is more than the price of 2 XL cartridges on amazon) I sit with a half empty color cartridge and a black one that was just sent after weeks of complaining that mine was completely out and the entire reason I pay for this service is so that I am not out of ink when I go to print ??!!??! And now to the real kicker.  I cancelled my insta ink service because I will not pay for something I don't receive as promised and have to wait for anyway. And what error message do I get today?  "Incompatible HP Instant Ink Cartridge" this cartridge can only be used in a printer that is currently enrolled in HP instant ink.  You are kidding me right ?!?!  So the highly overpriced cartridges I had to complain for weeks to finally receive I can't even use ?? This has to be a joke.  I was signed up for a service for 2 years and didn't receive until I complained and cancelled and now I can't even use what I paid for.   This is such BS and I want to file a complaint with someone that knows what they are talking about. Calling or using text support is a joke too many hours wasted on that! 

1 REPLY 1
3,230 3,169 194 547
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Major Insta Ink Problems

@KellyMS

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation