Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I am confused. I’m looking at moving up to the 2.99/month plan for awhile but can’t tell whether I’m able to move back to the free plan if I’m not using it enough. The page states that once moving up to the 2.99 or better, you can’t move back to the free site but in other areas, it states you can move up or down based on your needs. So can I or can’t I go back and forth from free to paid plans? Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jdub69 

Instant Ink is a Print-by-Page subscription service.

Before subscribing, read the contract.

USA - Instant Ink - Terms of Service

Free Plan >>> At this writing, Item 10b

Answer

Free plan is available one time, first time, and only then (one time - first time).

You cannot sign up for free plan, change plans, decide you don't like "other" plan(s), and then move back to free plan.

You cannot sign up for "other" plan, decide you don't like it, and move to free plan later.

Free plan is like a one time "coupon" - you can use it once, only once, and only the first time you sign up.

HP Instant Ink - Main Website - Information, Enroll, FAQ, Terms of Service / Contract

Not your home site?  Click the Flag to change to your region.

Of Interest…

• FAQ section > How does HP Instant Ink work?
  • Contract > Link is located below the FAQ section > Terms of Service Contract

NOTE:   It is NOT necessary that you be enrolled to read the contract > Open the main website > scroll down just past the FAQ

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to show appreciation for the help.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find a solution.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.