Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-21-2022 07:43 AM - last edited on 11-21-2022 11:22 AM by MayS
Wireless printer working OK on network but the Ink Subs account suddenly can no longer connect to the printer- which is switched on. Can't use HP Smart on iMac to diagnose as it asks for a Keychain pw which I don't know. Up until 3 weeks ago HP Smart ran on my old Windows 10 machine, now junked, is this the source of the issue ? Whatever, what's the solution? Thanks
11-22-2022 03:21 AM
Some progress. Installed HP Smart on my ipad instead of iMac, no access problems, able to fully access all reports.
Meanwhile my account with HP Ink subs still says it cant connect to my printer yet the number of pages printed in this billing period has just increased from zero to 11. Seems the problem is entirely HP's to resolve.
11-24-2022 07:03 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I am glad to assist you to fix the web service connection error on your printer.
Follow these steps to fix the issue.
Turn On Web Services
- Make sure the printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active internet connection.
- NOTE: If you connect your printer to a computer with a USB cable, web-connected printing services do not work.
- If your printer is connected with a wired (Ethernet) connection, check the cable and the lights on the printer’s Ethernet port. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.
- If your printer is connected with a wireless connection, make sure the wireless feature is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
- Some printers have a wireless icon and a blue light on the front of the printer. If the printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking, your printer is connected.
- On your control panel, press the HP ePrint icon.
- If your control panel does not have an HP ePrint icon, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu.
- If a summary screen displays, Web Services is already on.
- If a prompt to turn on Web Services or set up HP ePrint displays, follow the prompts to turn it on or set it up.
- If you are prompted to update the firmware, press OK.
Refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
11-24-2022 08:19 AM
The printer has a wireless connection to the network .
Anyway, starting with the line - On your control panel press the HP ePrint icon
If I do that I get the screen message that "Web services could not be set up at this time, the printer will try again later".
Could you tailor your advice to the fact that I have successfully installed HP Smart on my ipad which shows that everything is working fine, and the printer itself IS working fine from several peripheral devices
HP Smart shows a green tick against the word Ready under Printer status.
I can produce all the reports anyone could want from here.
But, the specific issue is confined to the fact that on this subs plan web page under Overview it still shows the printer as Not Ready to print
Oh, also says "Synced 24 Nov, 2022 09:59" and the pages printed has moved from 11 yesterday to 13 today so it is managing to connect at c 10am every day.
And now says on that page"Unable to connect to the printer. Check your connection and try again later"
I repeat , HP Smart on ipad shows everything to be working fine.
11-29-2022 09:45 PM
The wireless connection between your printer is all devices are good.
Still, you are unable to connect to the instant ink account from your iMac.
This requires one on one interaction to fix the issue.
I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support.
Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.
I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.
I am an HP Employee
11-30-2022 07:54 AM
Thanks for trying Sandytechy20
But I'm afraid I don't have the time or energy to embark on the protracted conversation that would be needed for me to explain all this by phone to HP's tech help.
Everything that matters works, AND the 'pages used' number keeps being updated daily which contradicts the statement that it can't connect with the printer. Yet it persists in saying so.
HP Smart on an ipad sees no issue whatsoever.
I think the problem is of HP's own making since it has all worked perfectly for 3 years - until this last week or so
On this evidence the subscription shouldn't be cancelled because of non-connectivity, but if it does I will switch back to cartridges, not the end of my world.
11-30-2022 10:44 AM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.
I am an HP Employee