Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
eNVY PHOTO 7134
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Envy photo 7134 won't connect to Web services. I hav efollowed all advice available on HP support

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

To continue, submitted in error. 

I get the message ' The printer cannot connect to WEb Services. The server may be busy or temporarily unavailable. Try again later.' I have had this for 2weeks or so now. There is no problem with internet connectivitiy and I have checked proxy setting ( none used). there is no Firmware update applicable. I have downloaded the HP support doctor troubel shooter to no avail either.

I have reached the end of the listed action to try , and my tether in the process! 

Any help / advice v welcome please. 

HP Recommended

@JTGP 

Hello,

Please update the printer firmware as follows:

1. In the printer front panel display, touch the Wireless icon () to retrieve the printer's IP address.
  2. Launch a web page, and then type this address in the address bar and Input. The printer Web interface opens.
  3. Click Tools, and then develop Printer Updates, and then Firmware Updates.
  4. Click the Check Now button to install the latest firmware update.
  5. Try to enable the printers Web Services again.

If the issue persists, please assign a fixed IP address to the printer as follows:

1. In the printer control panel screen, touch the Wireless icon () to retrieve the printer IP address.
  2. Launch a web page, and then type this address in the address bar and Enter. The printer Web interface opens.
  3. Click the Network tab, then under Wireless (802.11), click Network Address (IPv4).
  4. Check the Manual IP option, and then press the button to Suggest a Manual IP Address.
  5. Once the first 3 fields are filled in, check the Manual DNS Server.
  6. Enter the address 8.8.8.8 as Manual Preferred DNS Server.
  7. Enter the address 8.8.4.4 as Manual Alternate DNS Server.
  8. Click on Apply and OK.
  9. Try to enable the printers Web Services again.

In case of need, please do not hesitate to solicit us.

Cordially,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for your suggestions. I had not been directed to do this by HP support. I have followed your suggestions fully.

Unfortnately this has resulted in connection loss between browser and printer. I still cannot access Web Services. 

HP Recommended
Thanks for your return,

Please 
restart the printer, computer, and router for solve this problem.
  1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
  2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
  3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
  4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
  5. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 30 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the router.
     NOTE: 
    Wait until internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
  7. Wait at least 3 minutes, then turn on the computer.
  8. Try to enable the printers Web Services again.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards, 😎

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hi 

Thanks for advice to turn off all components etc which I had done already. I followed the instructions carefully. The touchscreen

still stating printer could not connect to the Web Services, despite it being connected wirelessly with no issues ( solid blue light). 

I now have a red circle with  horizontal white bar within icon ( 'no entry') overlying the Instant Ink icon on the home touchscreen. 

Not looking great I'm afraid. Any more ideas welcomed please. Or I'll have to carve out some time to phone the HP centre..

Thank you 

HP Recommended

@JTGP 

Hello and thanks for return,

I have sent you a private message with the required information.

You should only edit the specified fields and not post them publicly in the community.

In case of need, do not hesitate to solicit us.

Best regards,🤗

HP Recommended

THanks. 

Still no luck:  'The printer could not communicate to the server. Contact the person who set up the printer.'

HP Recommended

@JTGP  

Hello and thanks for your return,

In this case, I recommend that you Contact HP to resolve this issue.

In case of need, please do not hesitate to solicit us.

Best regards,
:Wink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.