Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015

When we got our printer, it worked fine with the original cartridges. We signed up for Instant Ink. We used our son's email address as the address to send scan to emails from, but when he left for college, we reset the computer to original factory settings in order to reset the email for scan to email. We ran out of yellow ink. When I tried to put in the Instant Ink yellow ink, the printer gave me this message: There is a problem with the supply system. Try replacing the affected cartridge with a different, non-empty cartridge. If message appears again, record message and contact support. I have spent many hours with Virtual Agent, following its advice on how to hep this problem I have tried many things. Nothing has fixed the problem. Thank you in advance for helping me. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CGDrive, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

As you reset the printer to its factory settings, the Instant Ink settings are deleted from the printer. If the printer is not enrolled in Instant Ink, you cannot use Instant Ink cartridges in the printer. You will have to use regular ink cartridges.

I will have to check the status of your Instant Ink account. Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.