11-27-2019 08:23 AM
For months now my black ink has not been working. I've went through all the options like cleaning the cartridge etc. but no success. Ink is coming out as I shook it I spread it all over the room. The last cartridge worked perfect but is now completely empty.
11-29-2019 01:26 PM
@dafini61, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Is the printer enrolled in Instant Ink?
Which ink cartridges are you using in the printer?
Let us try these steps:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Check estimated ink levels, and then replace any low or empty ink cartridges
On the printer control panel, press the Home button to open the Home screen.
- Press the Down Arrow to select Ink Levels, and then press OK. The control panel displays the estimated ink levels.
Use an automated tool to clean the printhead
On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow to select Tools, and then press OK.
Press the Down Arrow to select Clean Printhead, and then press OK. The printer cleans the printhead, and then prints a printhead test page.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
12-02-2019 09:58 PM
Sorry for the late reply. I was abroad. The ink I receive with the ink plan I signed up for. As I mentioned in my first post I have tried everything. This includes the suggestions you wrote. It has been like this since I received the new black cartridge. All test pages do not print the black. I am so annoyed I went and bought one of the 2600 series for £25 because I needed to print urgently.
12-03-2019 08:25 AM
As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.
Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.
I am sending you a private message with the information required.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Keep me posted.
I am an HP Employee