Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
deskjet plus 4120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a deskjet plus 4120 ("easy setup" it says on the box!).

Plugged it in and connected to laptop and mobile phone. it prints fine.

I have a limited time to claim my 3 months instant ink. need to print out some code. have dreadful poroblems with this.. 2 hrs of literally going around in circles, downloading every single app  (why are there so many?) and following loads of complex instructions. 

Eventually, dont really know why, I manage to get a code printed. I am so happy! I go back to find the instant ink claim code page so that I can enter my code.. (by now I would rather just leave the 3 months free instant ink and get a new cartridge as Ive printed out loads of printer info pages trying to get this thing soretd.

Enter the code and it wont accept it! "This claim code is for a new printer  and cant be used here. you need to go into Easy Set Up and set up your printer". UUUUgggggggghhhhhh!

In my instant ink account it seems to have loaded up the 3 months free instant ink as now I have 4 months showing.. but I am unable to get any printer loaded onto the account due to the code issue.

On looking at the many information sheets it seems to hint towards the printer not being 'installed'. The printer is online, connected to wifi, connected to my phone etc directly..

It also seems to say that WebServices are not connected.

I go into the webservices tab of the (I dont know what page or app or function Im on now tbh) and try to rectify this.. but I cant seem to make anything effect any changes.

This does not seem to be a plug and play printer to me! Not 3 hrs in to trying to get it connected!

So... How can I get this resolved.. Im guessing that Instant ink is unable to 'see' my printer for some reason? Even though it has great connection to the internet?

After spending my day off trying to fix my printer connectivity issue I actually need to go to work today, so any helpful replies wont be seen til later. 

I would appreciate some help.. thx

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.