12-04-2019 02:35 PM
@Cgbusby, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Is the printer screen stuck on the error and are you not able to bypass it to access the home screen of the printer?
I'm afraid this seems like a hardware issue with the printer. Let us try these steps:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Check for any jams inside the printer
Perform the steps mentioned in this document.
Try making a standalone copy and check if that works.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee