cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Flouflou
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My printer says Printer failure 6100004a. It's not jam.

HP Recommended
HP office jet pro 6978

My printer says Printer failure 0x6100004a.

It's not jam . I checked.  What can I do?

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,471 23,429 1,061 1,095
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Flouflou

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
In general, your printheads are likely clogged and need to be cleaned or replaced.  If your printheads are built into the cartridge then your best bet is to replace the cartridge.  Most people don't have the patience to properly clean a printhead once it has entered this kind of state.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6970-all-in-one-printer-series/8289585/model/1... to complete the troubleshooting steps. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation