Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-10-2022 05:59 PM - last edited on 11-11-2022 04:08 AM by JessikaV
I am enrolled in an HP instant ink program. I ran out of ink but could not contact them because I lost my password. I bought the ink from another company. The ink was the correct ink for my printer, but I did not purchase it from Instant Ink. the ink from Instant Ink. My computer will not recognize the ink that I bought even though it is the correct ink for my machine. Can you help me or not to get my HP printer printing again?
11-17-2022 05:51 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an ink cartridge issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Are you using genuine HP ink cartridges?
- Was there any recent update on the printer prior to the issue?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action.
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee