jcman987654321
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need to clean printheads almost every print

HP Officejet Pro 6960
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have to clean the printheads on my printer for almost every print job. If I don't then the first couple pages print ok and then streaks start appearing. Sometimes I have to clean multiple times per day, and often a level 2 clean is required.

This issue has continued with new cartridges (actually several sets) - I am using the Instant Ink service. I had the same issue with my previous printer (which was a 6970) and I only bought this new 6960 because of that issue, assuming it was a hardware problem.

I have checked the cartridges are seated correctly and vented. And like I say, it has been happening for a long time and with multiple cartridge sets and 2 printers.

There's nothing unusual about the printer environment (my home office) and I have tried putting it in different rooms with no effect.

It's annoying enough to have to print everything twice, but paying per page just adds insult to injury! I'm probably going to switch printer brands, but I figured I'd see if there's anything else I can try first. Any ideas? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,375 22,331 1,878 2,993
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need to clean printheads almost every print

@jcman987654321 I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation