Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5546 All-in-One Printer

Hello, does anyone know how I can request a new tricolour ink cartridge on Instant Ink when the levels are not low enough?

I am having problems with colour print quality; all the diagnostics etc are fine and I've tried reinstalling the print drivers. Everything I've read so far (HP Virtual Assistant + online troubleshooting questions) says that the next step is to try replacing the tricolour cartridge. But I'm on Instant Ink and the cartridge ink levels are not low enough yet to get a new cartridge. What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TT771

Welcome to HP Support Community! 

To assist you better, we would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post. 

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@TT771

Welcome to HP Support Community! 

To assist you better, we would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post. 

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The problem is simple: if an HP instant ink cartridge stops working while Instant Ink subscription is OK, what the user can do?
The cartridge will not be replaced by HP since HP is not able to verify its ink level, thus the user should buy and install a new cartridge, but the new cartridge will not be recognized by HP instant ink. 
In my case the printer is an HP ENVY  4527 and the faulty cartridge is the color one. It printed until today, but it suddenly started complaining it is not properly installed. I cleaned it several times and it seems to be OK but the printer is still not printing.

HP Recommended

@lele12

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post. 

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

  

Keep me posted. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same issue. I replaced the color cartridge, I printed a couple of times and now is saying that there is a communication issue between the cartridge and the printer. I did everything that says in the forum, remove the cartridge (everything was clean) but I clean the contacts anyways and the problem persists. It seems to be a faulted cartridge, how can I request a new one to be sent?

Thanks

Jorge

HP Recommended

@jmcapra

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post. 

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

  

Keep me posted. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with an Envy 4500.  If someone from HP would reach out, that would be much appreciated.  It's pretty frustrating when none of the diagnostics detect this problem and there's no way to request a new cartridge that I have found yet.

Thanks.

Edit: resolved through Instant Ink support.

HP Recommended

I am also having the same issue, the Black ink is not working and the connection is saying that ink levels are fine (while the Printer itself is saying ink levels are low)....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.