Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cyan cartridge was empty. Replace it with new HP Instant Ink cartridge (had been sitting around for a few of months).  Printer now displays "Cartridge Problem". Despite re-inserting cartridge multiple times and restarting printer - no change. Checked printer firmware and it is up to date.

What is best option to solve? How do I request a replacement Instant ink cartridge?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Heather_K

Have you tried checking with a different ink cartridge?

Replace low, empty or faulty ink cartridges on your printer.

Remove, inspect, then reseat the ink cartridges

Clean the electrical contacts

Refer this article to know more information about ink cartridges issues. Click Here

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps, please share us few details through a private message, so I can initiate an order to ship you the replacement ink cartridge.

Instant ink Email Address

Instant Ink Account Number

Address to ship the cartridge

Hope to hear from you soon!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Heather_K

Have you tried checking with a different ink cartridge?

Replace low, empty or faulty ink cartridges on your printer.

Remove, inspect, then reseat the ink cartridges

Clean the electrical contacts

Refer this article to know more information about ink cartridges issues. Click Here

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps, please share us few details through a private message, so I can initiate an order to ship you the replacement ink cartridge.

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

New set of instant ink cartridges were received. The Cyan cartridge worked first time.  The issue might have been a dodgy cartridge - but at least printer is back and working correctly.

HP Recommended

Hi! @Heather_K,

Thanks for the update.

If you still need the ink cartridges, please share the details requested through a private message.

So I can check the account details and ship you the replacement ink cartridges.

Take Care! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.