cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
kes7
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

New colour cartridge stopped printing colour

HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7100
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I installed a new set of cartridges & the print quality diagnostic report was fine, colour ok. Now a few weeks later the same report has no colour blocks nor can I print in colour.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,660 12,629 976 1,107
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The printer you own can work in single-cartridge mode, wherein the printer will be able to print with one cartridge in the printer.which will help us identify if its a cartridge issue or a printhead issue 

To try single-cartridge mode follow the below steps:

remove the black ink from the printer, leave the color in and try printing 
then remove the color ink and, insert the black  in and try printing 

Is your printer enrolled in instant ink, if yes

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,457 20,459 1,491 1,739
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kes7, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Try making a standalone copy in color and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Check the estimated ink levels and replace any low/empty ink cartridge.

Update the printer firmware

Go to Setup > Tools > Update the printer

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Clean the ink cartridges

1. On the control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setupicon.

2. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

3. Touch Clean Cartridges, and then touch Continue.

A Print Quality Diagnostic page prints. Examine the Print Quality Diagnostic page.

4. If the print quality is unacceptable, touch Clean Again to continue the next level of cleaning. Repeat these steps for the third cleaning stage, if necessary.

• note: If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform both levels of cleaning again.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Report, and then evaluate the results.

1. On the control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setupicon.

2. Swipe up on the display, touch Reports, and then touch Print Quality Report.

For more info on resolving this issue, kindly refer to - Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
kes7
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried printing an email with colour in it & made sure it was set to colour & not black & white. It came through black & white & no colour.

The colour cartridge is fairly new, following the hp instant ink regime. The print quality diagnostic report I did at the time of installing the new cartridges was fine, colours fine etc.

I keep the printer powered up permanently. I tried the clean cartridge option several times & printed a quality diagnostic report each time & the colour blocks were blank although the last time I noticed a tiny bit of yellow.

I hadn't done much printing since installing the new cartridges & the documents were black & white so no colour to print. It's only when one had some web addresses on that appear in blue that I realised that the colour wasn't working.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,660 12,629 976 1,107
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The printer you own can work in single-cartridge mode, wherein the printer will be able to print with one cartridge in the printer.which will help us identify if its a cartridge issue or a printhead issue 

To try single-cartridge mode follow the below steps:

remove the black ink from the printer, leave the color in and try printing 
then remove the color ink and, insert the black  in and try printing 

Is your printer enrolled in instant ink, if yes

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know!

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation