Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Office jet 8610.

started new instant ink subscription. One of new cartridges is not communicating with printer. My old non-instant ink cartridges work. Tried all solutions on hp.com.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @Faulty8610

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to help you with the ink cartridge issue. 

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am a new instant ink customer; signed up on March 31st.

Received the initial shipment. However printer gave "Damaged Cartridge" error for K and C cartridges. I contacted customer support. I was sent replacements. Then C and M gave the same error. K worked fine.

I contacted customer support once gain. I received C and M as 2nd replacements.  Installing them, I still get "Damaged Cartridge" error message for C & M Cartridges. So the 2nd replacement has not worked as well.

Frustrated, I installed my own (non instant ink) cartridges. They are NOW giving the same error for C and M!

This was not the case BEFORE installing the instant ink cartridges.

It appears the instant ink cartridges have damaged my printer somehow.

I have tried all trouble shooting steps on hp.com. No resolution.

HP Recommended

@Faulty8610

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After so much wasted time with hp chats, etc. my printer issue has not been resolved. My printer is ruined now as it will not accept non-instant ink cartridges as well. Before installing instant ink cartridges, my old cartridges used to work.

I started instant ink services because of its promise that i will not run out of ink. I have run out of my printer!

I am sure the services works for most; it has not worked for me at all.

I have cancelled my subscription.

HP Recommended

@Faulty8610, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have already spend almost a month dealing with this issue with hp. I will not start the cycle again. Ruined my printer in the process as it does not work with non-instant ink cartridges also!

I have already cancelled my subscription.

HP Recommended

@Faulty8610,

Thanks for replying!

Try the steps below to make the regular ink cartridges work-

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Re-enable the web-services

Step 1 Remove the Web-Services -

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, touch ( HP ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings).

2. Touch Remove Web Services.

Reboot the devices.

Step 2 Enable the Web-Services -

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).

2. Touch Web Services Setup.

3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services.

4. On the screen that appears, touch OK to allow the printer to automatically check for product updates.

5. If the Printer Update Options screen is displayed, select one of the options.

6. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for the frustration but it has been a complete waste of time.

All private messages did not provide useful information.

HP Support agents do not even read the message replies!

Wish you the best.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.