cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

New owner used printer

HP Recommended
DeskJet 3700

I purchased a used printer online and have no contact with the previous owner. I want to enroll in instant ink but I can’t because the old owner has it registered!! How can I reset this as I own the printer now!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,669 29,389 5,079 11,660
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you use the printer or cannot print at all?

May you see any blinking light on the printer?

Do you currently have Standard or HP Instant Ink cartridges installed in the printer?

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can use the printer, it’s all network connected and I have the app on my iPhone.  No blinking lights and it has HP ink in it. I can’t sign up with instant ink because the printers serial number is registered with the previous owner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,669 29,389 5,079 11,660
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Missdreavous22 wrote:

I can use the printer, it’s all network connected and I have the app on my iPhone.  No blinking lights and it has HP ink in it. I can’t sign up with instant ink because the printers serial number is registered with the previous owner

The question was if this is a Standard Ink Cartridge or an Instant Ink cartridge, does it include the term Instant Ink on its label? I would hate to guide you with any step which may prevent printing in general, due to not having all the required information.

Cheers,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation