Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
3720 Desk jet series

My WiFi connection stopped a couple of months ago and I’ve tried every which way to reconnect it.  I had no help from HP at all so decided to cancel my instant ink.  When I signed in to my account there was no plan and no billing information. I have tried calling HP, I have tried messaging them and eventually spoke to someone on WA Ireland, but it was a very strained conversation and they were gone for long periods of time talking to resources which was strange.  Eventually after over an hour they have cancelled my plan.  I still can’t see anything on my account about this but did receive an email.  Really frustrated but hoping my WiFi will work now as think somehow the two problems are linked.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for contacting HP. 

I need to confirm if you are talking about the normal Wi Fi Connection or the E Print (Web Services).

For the normal wi fi, if that is not working, then there are different ways to get the printer on a wi fi network.

Method 1) Install the printer drivers on a USB cable first and then convert it into wireless.

NOTE:- for this connection, the PC should be connected to a 2.4 GHz network.

Download the printer drivers from the link below:- 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-deskjet-3700-all-in-one-printer-series...

Select the connection type as USB, Install the printer via usb,

Once the installation is complete, a prompt will show up if you want to change the connection type to Wireless, select Yes and and proceed and it will convert the connection into Wireless.

Method 2) Via the Auto Wireless Connect Method.

Download the user manual from the link below and refer to page 56/57 for Wireless connection.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05152483

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

I´m an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  I have decided to use a cable instead as I'm unable to resolve the issue.  I appreciate you trying to help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.