Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 6234
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cannot connect to webserver

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have already talked to local HP support and this is a problem for other users too. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @Lennart48

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Let's rebooting the devices -

1. Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.

2. Wait for 60 seconds.

3. Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.

4. Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.

5. Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.

Assign a Google DNS - 

1. Get your printer's IP Address (Can find this under Network Config under Settings)
2. Type the IP into your web browser
3. On the left-hand side click on iPV4 under WIRED or WIRELESS (however you are connected)
4. Click Manual DNS
5. Under preferred type 8.8.8.8
6. Under alternate type 8.8.4.4
7. Unplug Modem from the wall. Wait 30 seconds. Plug back in.
8. Turn off your printer by pushing the power button. Wait 30 seconds. Power on.

You may also refer to this document -  HP Printers - Cannot Connect to Web Services

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an Envy7858. The printer can not connect to ink subscription, cancels print jobs. Both laptops are on line with no problems

HP Recommended

Hi @skyrover

Please try these steps - HP Instant Ink - 'Connect Printer to Update Status' Message Displays

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, 

When I write the IP adress it says "Not safe" and the certificate isn't valid 

HP Recommended

@Lennart48

Try these steps - 

1. Select Continue to this website (not recommended) each time the EWS is opened.

2. Disable HTTPS in the EWS under the Networking tab, Mgmt. Protocols. Uncheck Encrypt All Web Communication (not including IPP), select Apply. When the EWS is opened the certificate error message will no longer be seen, HTTPS is no longer being enforced for the EWS of the device.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dinvt work. 

HP Recommended

Didn't work. 

HP Recommended

@Lennart48

I would recommend you reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have already talked to local HP support and this is a problem for other users too. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.