07-16-2020 11:59 AM
Hi all, hope you’re all well during these times.
My question can be summarised as: Why do non-instant ink cartridges count towards my page count when printing?
• I bought the 2710 today and put in the cartridges that came with the printer - To my understanding these are non-Instant Ink Cartridges
• I signed up for the free 15 page monthly plan when setting up my printer (I chose to forgo the 2 month free trial of paid plans as I’m an extremely infrequent printer)
• I printed off two test sheets and a tested the photocopy function no issues but saw this counted as 2 pages as part of my 15 page limit for this month
• Surely this is wrong? Again, I understand it that the Instant Ink cartridges have a chip that communicates through the printer to a HP server that monitors how many pages I print monthly
• However, the cartridges that came with the printer shouldn’t count towards this limit, I didn’t think they even had the relevant chip as they’re most definitely not Instant Ink ones
Can someone tell me if I’ve misunderstood how Instant Ink works?
Secondly I’ve now cancelled my Instant Ink subscription as it’s left a bad test. For the cartridges that have been dispatched do these come with a prepaid return label or do I need to contact support for this?
If you made it this far, thanks for taking the time to read!
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-17-2020 03:59 PM
@JmPrint, Welcome to HP Support Community!
When you purchase a new printer, it comes with HP Instant Ink ready cartridges, upon installation and enrollment in the program the billing cycle will start immediately and not when you install the HP sent ink cartridges.
Yes, the ink cartridges come with a prepaid envelope to ship the ink back.
You can cancel enrollment in HP Instant Ink at any time without penalty. Before you cancel the service, read the following information carefully:
HP Instant Ink cartridges do not work after the end of your current billing period, and you are required to return them to HP. To continue printing after your billing cycle ends, make sure you have standard replacement ink cartridges ready to use in your printer.
If you do not have the postage-paid envelope provided by HP, go to Recycle HP Instant Ink Cartridges to order an envelope.*
There is no pro-rated reimbursement for the remainder of your billing period.
Your service continues until the end of your current billing period.
If there are any charges for additional printing, your credit card will be charged. Depending on when you cancel, the charge might appear the following month.
I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
07-17-2020 04:03 PM - edited 07-17-2020 04:04 PM
Thanks for your detailed reply TEJ1602 and for answering both parts of my question.
So it was a misunderstanding on my part, thanks for the clarification and time taken for the extra detail on Instant Ink!