Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am connected to Wifi and can print successfully but the system tells me that I'm not connected to the Internet.  Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ajm220 

If the system to which you refer is the printer, the "connection to internet" may be the printer's connection to Web Services (used in (for example) ePrint).

Learn about Web Services here:

User Guide

Chapter 6 - section What are Web Services?

Page 88

If you are not using (for example) ePrint or Instant Ink (for those printers and regions that support this subscription service), you might decide to switch off Web Services entirely.

Open website:  HP Connected 

Open category How to > Turning On Web Services  (Includes “Turn off Web Services” help)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If the system to which you refer is the computer, then it is possible you are using "WiFi Direct" (wireless direct) to connect the printer to the computer without the use of a (network) router.  While this connection is certainly sufficient for printing, the wireless "WiFi Direct" connection is only between the printer and the computer - WiFi Direct is not the same thing as having your computer (or other devices) connected to a real network (with router / modem / ISP service).

Learn about WiFi Direct here:

User Guide

Chapter 8 - section Use HP wireless direct

Page 112

Wireless connection options...

Lots of general (and very specific) help here:

How to

Select Topic Wireless, Networking & Internet

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I am using Instant Ink and I am getting the notifications that I am no longer connected to the internet, but I have a very strong WiFi signal. How can I troubleshoot this to continue my Instant Ink service? 

HP Recommended

@LatashaTate3 

@ajm220 

The part about Web Services is relevant to Instant Ink.

Web Services must be running to remain connected to the Instant Ink monitoring service.

The printer itself must be connected to the Internet - this is generally not the same thing as having wireless (of any kind) that you use at home that connects your various devices to each other on your "home network".

More help here:

Website Support Troubleshooting, How-to, Video Tutorials

Instant Ink agents regularly check this board - you may hear back on this thread.

OR

@LatashaTate3 

I recommend that you open / start your own thread in the Instant Ink board, provide all the information (printer model, Operating System, for example) - ask your question.  Although multiple questions can be answered on a single thread, it is the general practice that everyone has their own posts and subject.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

This might be the same issue I am seeing and posted details in another thread:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Instant-Ink/has-anyone-really-solved-the-quot-connect-printer-to-up...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.