Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Like others' messages this one said "Please connect Printer to HP connected. Your printer needs to be connected to HP Connected to update its HP instant ink status..." Last night would not print from different sites, but this morning I receive a "Congratulations" statement via printer. Printer's email address is unchanged. Printed copies of material from last night appeared. What's going on?

HP Recommended

Dido here guys.  Web services connected and enabled just now.  Unfortunately I got a new email address from the factory reset.  Only thing is my online account still says offline.  Might need more time to refresh.  The printer says it is connected all around - even showed a message that I have an important message from HP Instant Ink online.  😌

HP Recommended

One last post here for those who did a factory reset.  I got a new claim code and email address for the printer, so I suspect that was why the online page for Instant Ink still said offline.  I found another post here that basically says to replace the printer in your account.  It didn't look like it actually worked (no confirmation), but when I backed out to the home page it was now online and connected with the new email address.  It also let me change to the same email address I had before. 👍

As for my page count, I have 26 days of no data and one page printed today.  Probably an effect of the factory reset that was completely unnecessary.  Thank you HP for finally fixing.

HP Recommended

I spoke to my Dad and initially he also found Instant Ink reporting the printer offline. He selected the Enroll/Replace option. He printed the code from the printer. When it came to the final step he realised the old/new codes were the same and it wouldn't allow him to complete the setup, so he had to cancel. When he cancelled, the printer was now showing online.

Because of the factory reset, his printer was also showing a completely new and random ePrint address. He went to https://www.hpsmart.com/uk/en (This was previously known as HP Connected) This allowed him to change the ePrint address to anything he wanted. He managed to reset it back to the address he used previously.

HP Recommended

That was my experience exactly!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.