maxmotives
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet Pro 8610 Instant Ink Connectivity Issues

HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer will not connect to HP Instant Ink. 

I've had this printer for a number of years without incident. Recently, I purchased a new router and connected it without any issues. Then, it stopped printing all together, so I utilized the HP Print and Scan Doctor. It made some changes and now I can print again; however, it still will not connect to HP Instant Ink.

I've restarted the router. I've restarted the printer several times. No updates according to the printer. I reset the network settings. Internet appears to be working (when I check the network settings), but the device cannot connect to HP Instant Ink. 

Ran a wireless network test:

No problems found. Congratulations on the successful setup of your wireless printer. 

Wireless 

Wireless On PASS

Wireless Working PASS

Signal Quality EXCELLENT

Connectivity

Connected PASS

Disconnect Total Count 86

Disconnect count (last hour) 0

Disconnect count (last 24 ours) 0

Network 

Network name (SSID) found PASS

Other networks detected matching your SSID NO

Wireless Networks detected 17

Settings

Printer settings consistent with wireless router settings PASS

No filtering PASS

Channel 7

Security PASS

Current Configuration

Source DHCP

Communication Mode Infrastructure

Internet Connected

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,015 6,007 384 463
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet Pro 8610 Instant Ink Connectivity Issues

@maxmotives, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Thank you for the detailed response. 

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.

Adding a static IP Address to the printer may help

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  2. Type the IP address at the top of your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  3. If you get any security notification, click on show details/advanced and 'proceed to this website'.
  4. Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
  5. Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  6. Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  7. Click on the radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Note: You may watch this video for a better understanding.

If the issue persists, turn off the web services. refer to this document to know how.

Now, turn ON web services. Click here to know how.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation