Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I WAS WONDERING WHY I AM SHOWING LOW INK WHEN I JUST CHANGE MY CARTRIDGES 3 DAYS AGO AND I AM NOT PRINTING THAT MUCH.  THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME SEVERAL TIMES AND I JUST REPLACED THE DEVICE.  I AM BEING TOLD THAT MY CARTRIDGE SHOULD LAST A LITTLE LONGER.  WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOUR INK CARTRIDGES.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MERDAL, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I would suggest a few things:  first, replace the cartridges when the print quality deteriorates, not when the first warning happens.  The warning is set to be sure to give a warning before the ink runs out so you have time to get a replacement.  You do not need to replace the cartridge when you first get the message.

Next, do not run cleaning cycles on the printer unless print quality deteriorates.  Running unneeded cleaning cycles uses ink unnecessarily.

Do not turn the printer off with an external switch.  If an external switch (such as a power outlet switch or a power director switch) is used extra servicing will be used.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.