Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
all in one office jet pro 8725
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Any one had problems with printer sending page count twice, just had notice that I have printed 28 pages today, whilst none have been printed, which is strange as it did 28 page count Tuesday, so, to me, double notice, lady on chat didnt want to know, telling me that 28 pages have been printed. I explained that I had been by the printer since 05.30 this morning and not one page has been printed.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

I assume you refer to HP Instant Ink page count?

I would suspect any connectivity issue, preventing page counters to update in real-time, here is a description of how the pages counts while using HP Instant Ink:

Spoiler
note:
Pages are not recorded if the printer is offline. Pages printed while the printer is offline are recorded on the date the printer is reconnected to the network.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-instant-ink-series/5264756/model/5401249/document/c04957321

From the Setup menu of your printer go to Reports and print a Web Access Test Report.

Swipe the finger from top to bottom of the front panel and then click the gear icon to access the setup menu.

Additionally, is the printer connected wirelessly or with an Ethernet cable?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Printer connected wirelessly thanks for help, 

HP Recommended

You are welcome.

Please go through below steps which explain how pages are counted when using the service and how to locate the print history information:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-instant-ink-series/5264756/model/5401249/document/c05029962

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.