03-31-2020 09:30 AM
The printer does not get out of paper jam & once it does it keeps saying checking ink cartridges it has been a week and it still does not work. Not sure what is wrong now.
04-03-2020 04:44 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand you are not able to print due to an error on the printer screen. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Check for any paper jams inside the printer and make sure the print carriage is moving freely.
Perform the steps mentioned in this document.
If the error persists with no actual paper jam, we may have to perform a factory reset on the printer.
- The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
- I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
04-03-2020 09:31 AM
@Leti_1010, that's unfortunate.
If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
Keep me posted for any other assistance.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee