Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2632

I have a HP DeskJet 2632 and it is not printing colour well at all, it's very faded and wrong. My supply levels are high and there are no warning signs anywhere, according to the printer there is nothing wrong. I have tried everything - signed up to Instant Ink, single cartridge printing, cleaning, printing from different devices, trying different photos/documents, etc and nothing has worked. Is there anything else I can do to try and fix the colour?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @georgiajm 

I understand you are facing a print quality issue with the printer. I'd like to help

To better assist you - 

1) Does the copy print out the same way? 

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 

While you respond to that, let's print a Print Quality Diagnostic page-

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic page in Windows

Use HP Printer Assistant to print a Print Quality Diagnostic page in Windows.

1. Load plain paper into the input tray.

2. Search Windows for your printer model name, and then click the printer name in the list of results.

HP Printer Assistant opens.

3. Click Print & Scan, and then click Maintain Your Printer.

The printer toolbox opens.

4. On the Device Services tab, click Print Quality Diagnostics Page.

A Print Quality Diagnostic page prints.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic page in Mac

Use HP Utility to print a Print Quality Diagnostic page in macOS 

2. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.

3. Depending on your operating system, click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

4. In the Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners window, select your printer, and then click Options & Supplies.

5. Click Utility, and then click Open Printer Utility.

HP Utility opens.

6. Click Print Quality Diagnostics, and then click Print.

Figure : Print Quality Diagnostic page without defects

Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic page without defects

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Hope this helps!

and, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @georgiajm 

I understand you are facing a print quality issue with the printer. I'd like to help

To better assist you - 

1) Does the copy print out the same way? 

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 

While you respond to that, let's print a Print Quality Diagnostic page-

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic page in Windows

Use HP Printer Assistant to print a Print Quality Diagnostic page in Windows.

2. Search Windows for your printer model name, and then click the printer name in the list of results.

HP Printer Assistant opens.

3. Click Print & Scan, and then click Maintain Your Printer.

The printer toolbox opens.

4. On the Device Services tab, click Print Quality Diagnostics Page.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic page in Mac

Use HP Utility to print a Print Quality Diagnostic page in macOS 

2. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.

3. Depending on your operating system, click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

4. In the Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners window, select your printer, and then click Options & Supplies.

5. Click Utility, and then click Open Printer Utility.

HP Utility opens.

6. Click Print Quality Diagnostics, and then click Print.

Figure : Print Quality Diagnostic page without defects

Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic page without defects

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Hope this helps!

and, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have tried printing direct from my laptop, my phone and through HP Smart Print with both of these but it is the same with each of these. 

The Print Quality Diagnostic page when printed only shows the small circle, the colour blocks very faintly and the images from 5 and 6 but with no text on the page at all.

I have responded to the private message also, thanks.

HP Recommended

When you print using single-cartridge mode which cartridge works?

HP Recommended

Black

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.