Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3755
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm a college student with a portable DeskJet 3755, the All-In-One printer. I've had it since last year, and since I bought two sets of ink cartridges along with it, I only now ran into issues regarding Instant Ink. I've tried to connect it to wifi multiple times (I've been using USB the whole time, since it's just easier that way), but just can't get it to work. I discovered recently that my school wifi (which is the only one available) does not allow wifi-connected printers. I wouldn't be able to connect no matter how hard I tried, since the wifi blocks it.

Should I just wait until I get home for a weekend, then set it up there? Or is there a way to send in my information some other way, preferably through USB?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Instant Ink requires internet connection for the printer, which is not available due to your school security restrictions.

Connecting the printer in you home won’t help much if you’re planning to take the printer back to school, as then Instant Ink will stop working.

Standard retailer cartridges from any nearby store with a USB cable connection would be the best option for you, considering your limitations.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.