cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
GDM56
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Printer Serial Number included in all correspondence

HP Recommended

I have repeatedly, over the past year, asked HP to include the serial number or the email address of the printer when sending emails, text messages, billing statements for instant ink, and packages of ink - but still you refuse to do so. It's not like you don't have that information readily available. I have over 12 printers enrolled in instant ink at my school, and you make life difficult for me when trying to figure out which printer the ink or bill is for. HP is a technology company, right? Then why can't you figure out how to use your own technology! What will it take for you to include the serial number or email address of the printer when sending your users any type of correspondence?

2 REPLIES 2
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,554
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@GDM56, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
GDM56
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is no need to look up my serial number.  My issue is not with any specific printer.  Please read my message again.  Everything you need to know is in my post.

To repeat the issue, my complaint is that when HP sends me an email with instant ink billing information, or when they send me ink, while they identify the model of the printer, they do not tell me the serial number or email address of the printer.  I have 7 or 8 HP 8710 printers in my instant ink account.  When I receive the billing statement, if you can tell me the model of the printer, why can't you tell me its serial number?  When I pass the billing statement to our finance office, I need to identify which department it is for.

I'm not asking you to provide information you don't already have.  When you send me a billing statement, or ink, you know which printer it is for.  You have the serial numbers.  Why can't you include that in the email, or print it on the label when you ship the ink?

Surely I am not the only one with this problem.  It takes too much time for me to have to log into my Instant Ink account, and then click on each printer, then click on Billing, just to find out which printer the statement was for.

When I called yesterday and spoke with Charlie in Customer Support, the first thing he asked for was my case number.  I told him no, figure it out for yourself!  After he was caught off guard by my response, I told him that's exactly how I feel when I receive statements and ink from HP.  Once I gave him my case number, it was easy for him to figure out what my issue was. And that's exactly what I am looking for - not the case number, but the serial number.

If you can't provide me with the results I am asking for, then could you at least give me a name and phone number/email address of someone in the department that handles the sending of email and ink?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation