Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 6255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have had an HP ENVY Photo 6255 printer for almost two years now. Just recently, I noticed that my coloured print job was coming out strange. I was printing a schedule that had red, orange, yellow, green, and blue colour blocks on it. Only the first three colours were showing up. I checked the ink levels and had almost a full cartridge of black ink, but I had about a quarter of my tricolour one left. I assumed that would have been the problem and replaced the cartridge with a new genuine HP ink cartridge. Upon doing the alignment, I realised the page was in black and white instead of cyan and black like the usual alignments were.

Long story short, it will NOT print cyan. I tried cleaning the cartridges through the tools setting at least 10 times, have updated the printer, have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, have manually cleaned the cartridge, have done a million alignment and quality reports. Every colour comes out fine on the reports except for cyan. Where the cyan should be, it's a mostly white area with the occasional streak of blue.  I even tried the "clean streaks" tool, and that did absolutely nothing. I'm at my wits end here and I don't know what to do. Any help outside of what I've already tried would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mia093 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the printer will not print cyan color.

Please let us know if you are able to make the color copy without any issue.

Please let us know already if you have performed the troubleshooting as mentioned in the below link.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-photo-6200-all-in-one-printer-series/9073045/model/9073...

If the issue still persists, the issues with the printer hardware part. Please contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.