Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-20-2021 12:28 PM - last edited on 02-20-2021 01:14 PM by MarcusC
- Bought this printer 2 weeks ago with 12 months InstantInk trial (I have proof of purchase): https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/printers-scanners-and-ink/printers/hp-officejet-...
- Signed it up for InstantInk and got the 12 months InstantInk eligibility approved by HP. Screenshot here:
- Logged into my account a week later as cartridges did not arrive. Now InstantInk says this printer is NOT eligible screenshot here:
- I do not have time to ring InstantInk during their operating hours due to work commitments (I am in the health sector)
- Currys will not accept return as the item has already been used, but I was anyway rather after the IstantInk trial than a refund.
- Tried to locate an email address to send all of this info, but HP is VERY secretive about that and did not publish an email address anywhere on the InstantInk pages.
- I am stuck, please help.
Thank you guys. Cheers.
02-21-2021 12:35 AM
@Zol2, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
To assist you better, we would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.
I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.
In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
02-25-2021 01:20 PM
For everyone following this thread: I am in touch with Kumar in private messages discussing confidential information relating to my account, and once the issue is sorted I'll post all non-confidential details on this page for your info.
02-26-2021 01:22 PM
PM from HP:
"Please reply to this private message with the below details:
- Please provide me with the Instant Ink Account Number, Email Address, or Printer Serial number.
- I need your email address which is registered with your Instant Ink Account, not the Printer's email address.
- Could you also provide me with the shipping address associated with your HP Instant ink account?
- Also, send a picture of the offer mentioned.
Awaiting your response for further assistance."
Thank you for the help offered, I hope you can sort this out.
InstantInk Account Number: This information could not be located anywhere on my account. There is no such ID showing anywhere on InstantInk or Hp ID pages. The printer I have recently bought and previously registered (and was still showing on my account yesterday) has also disappeared from my list.
The printer's serial number is: THOxxxxxxxx (the full line from the printer is: S/N THOxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHP Inc)
InstantInk registered email address: xxxxxxxxxxxxx@**bleep**.com
InstantInk registered shipping address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The picture of the offer is here where I bought the printer: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Thank you for the information. Did you complete the Instant Ink enrollment?
I do not see any printers registered under the given email ID. The given serial number also does not fetch any results.
Did you receive an email from HP regarding the subscription?
Did you choose a plan and enter your card information?
For more info, refer to - Enrolling in HP Instant Ink
Keep me posted."
"Thank you for the information. Did you complete the Instant Ink enrollment? YES
I do not see any printers registered under the given email ID. As explained in my previous letter we DID register THIS printer successfully with the provided serial numbers to your services. The enrollment went all right. The 12 months free trial HAS been awarded during the initial registration. Then a week later when I re-checked our registration, I have realized that the printer and all my card details were removed from the system. I thought I have done something wrong. Therefore, I have tried to re-enroll the same printer when I have received the message on the screen during the signing up process saying: "This printer is not eligible for HP InstantInk." THIS has been the moment when I have written my first post here.
The given serial number also does not fetch any results. It does for me....
Did you receive an email from HP regarding the subscription? No, I didn't, and I have found it also quite weird
Did you choose a plan and enter your card information? YES
However, following your message I have tried to re-enroll this printer the third time. THIS TIME the enrollment went well again. The system has finally realized that this printer IS actually eligible for HP InstantInk. I have re-entered my address details (the fields were automatically filled in by your servers with all the correct details, so it must have been registered previously since I am not saving this information on my computer and my cache is being deleted each time when I close my browser) and went on to the payment page where I have re-registered my card. Then I went on to the payment page where I was supposed to input the "Printer code" received from the printer when first turned it on. The code is: xxxxxxxx This code HAS been supplied previously when the 12 months free InstantInk was awarded (as suggested above) therefore, naturally, this code has not been valid anymore
So here we are now:
- Printer is now enrolled on the account
- 12 months InstantInk has NOT been awarded, code is invalid
I think I have had done enough.
- Gave you my money when purchased the product
- Complied with your requirements for enrollment
- I have been discussing this issue with you in full length and detail
I think you have already made me suffer enough, and wasted all my precious time with something that is clearly caused by your servers or their administrators. I am trying not to be rude and keep my composure, but what we are talking about here, that you make me WORK for you, without pay, for giving me the opportunity to pay you even more, should I decide to keep my subscription.
Is it only me who thinks that something is very much NOT right here? I do not think so....
I have come to a point where I think I have to put an end to this saga and take the next step.
I will check my InstantInk account once the cartridges have arrived and if the free trial HAS been awarded then we will proceed and keep using the printer, if not, then I will initiate a chargeback at my Bank since Currys has refused to refund due to their policy (the package has been opened and the product has been turned on) and will let Currys and HP settle their own games.
I am hopeful you will understand my explanation and acknowledge my exhaustion.
Kind regards, Zsofia"
PM from HP:
"As no information on the printer is found on the Instant Ink servers, kindly contact the Instant Ink department in your region for assistance. The contact information can be found on the home page of Instant Ink. Click here
Keep me posted for any other assistance."
Final thoughts from Zsofia:
- The printer Kumar suggesting in his last message that it has no information on HP servers IS registered on my account and STILL showing up over there.
- The 12 months free ink STII hasn't been awarded ... but the cartridges still also haven't arrived, so HP still has a few days to do the right thing on my account.
- I have contacted the relevant department and Kumar has been dealing with my case. This is how far could he take it.
And a message for Kumar and everyone else providing support on these pages:
Sending the customer back to square one is something that not a single one of us will appreciate.
I will come back here once the cartridges were received to let you know if HP has decided to act professionally.