Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Envy 5530

The HP support system is a disgrace.

Here's the problem - I have used Instant Ink for quite a while without problems. Today I was about to start a ling print job when I received a low black ink message. I installed the new cartridge which had arrived a few weeks ago and printed the alignment test page - the new black wasn't working, vey stripey, so I printed another: same result. I took cleaning option 1: same result. I took cleaning option 2: same result.
I tried to contact support. The virtual assistant doesn't cover this. Telephone support, the screen says, is only available for machines within guarantee. The only chat option requires facebook, which I don't use.

What I need (I think) is a replacement cartridge, or maybe some actual advice on how to fix it. But there is no available method that I can see on the support pages to achieve this.

I expected a real person chat line. This is not good enough.

Nick

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@NickB1954 

I am sorry you are having such a time.

Our Community is a volunteer staffed organisation - the differences are significant as you can imagine.

For those reading

The main Instant Ink Website for the author's region does post the support number for that region. 

I do not know whether the support group is available on the weekend and there is not a "weekend" support number posted.

Examples

USA

HP Instant Ink - USA Website - Information, Enroll, FAQ, Terms of Service / Contract

Not your home site?  Click the Flag to change to your region.

Instant Ink information, including a link (below the FAQ section) to the all-important Terms of Service Contract

NOTE:   It is NOT necessary that you be enrolled to read the contract > Open the main website > scroll down just past the FAQ

For UK region:

HP Instant Ink - UK Website - Information, Enroll, FAQ, Terms of Service / Contract

Find the support number in the blue ribbon on the ➡️  right side of the page.

That said,

• I will submit a request that someone take a look.

Worth Noting

• Please know that our Community is not HP Technical Support.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@NickB1954 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.